Simple and fast way to connect your FireFly FlyTag to the IBM Watson IoT Platform
For this tutorial you will need:
1.) Power ON FlyTag BLE Module
- Supply power to FlyTag BLE module:
- Insert CR2032 battery into FlyTag BLE module (with negative pole of the battery towards the module),
- Or connect USB-micro to FlyTag BLE module.
- Slide the switch to ON position
2.) Connect to the Watson IoT Platform Quickstart using Android/Apple Device
- Download FireFly-IoT app from Google Play or App Store.
- When the app starts you will be presented with the following screen. Click on the bluetooth icon. Other protocols will be supported in the future
- You will be presented with list of FlyTags nearby. Click on FlyTag you want to connect to. If you don’t see your FlyTag, you can pull down on the screen to start scanning again.
- Here you will see sensor data and other FlyTag information. X Disconnects to your Android/Apple Device from FlyTag. Under Sensor Data Frequency you can set the period by which FlyTag measures sensors, change is sent with the checkmark. The green slider turns the sensors ON and OFF.
- To connect to the Watson IoT Platform click on the Cloud icon at the bottom of the screen. Make sure that Quickstart is selected under Cloud Service and click activate.
- Once you see this message, go to quickstart and input Device ID from the previous screen.
3.) Connect to the Watson IoT Platform Registered Organisation using Android/Apple Device
- You will need to create your own Organisation and Registered Device on said Organisation : How to Register Devices in IBM Watson IoT Platform
- To connect your Device to a Registered Organisation, click on the Cloud icon on the bottom of the screen.
- Select Custom under Cloud Service
- Organisation: type in the ID of your Organisation that you have created on IBM Watson IoT Platform.
- Device Type and Device ID: type in the ID and Type that you have registered your Device with on IBM Watson IoT Platform.
- Auth Token: here type in the Authentication Token of Device you have written above.
- Once you see this message, connection has been established.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask: info@FireFly-IoT.com